With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams and reference labs get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information - never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients you serve.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) is primarily responsible for maintaining and repairing the general and specialized laboratory equipment in the clinical laboratory.
This is afull time position, scheduled forMonday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PMwith overtime as needed.
Please note we are moving to a new facility in February 2022and this position will be relocated to Lenexa, KS.
Essential Job Duties:
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Performance of in-house unscheduled and scheduled repairs and preventive maintenance (PM) to all of the general and specialized medical equipment within the laboratory as designated by laboratory management
- Documentation of all repairs and maintenance via service reports written at the time of the service provided with user acceptance signature and date
- Provide electrical and safety checks of equipment as appropriate and required by CAP, NYSDOH, OSHA or other regulatory agencies
- Maintenance of an electronic database of all equipment and associated PM and repair records within Calibration Manager or similar equipment database within 14 days of service rendered
- Establishment and maintenance of maintenance schedules for all equipment covered by the BMET in compliance with the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) recommendations
- Certification checks and documentation of all equipment requiring unscheduled repairs/maintenance documenting that equipment is ready to be placed back into service.
- Assist in the assessment of new or used equipment purchases that the laboratory may be considering. May include travel to see said equipment.
- Work with manufacturer's service engineers to assist with the installation, repairs and/or maintenance of new or refurbished equipment covered by external service agreement as needed and as appropriate
- Ability to operate complex medical and testing equipment, analyze and interpret data regarding such equipment to determine equipment operational condition
- Ability to write Standard Operating Procedures on activities related to job functions
- Attend on-site and off-site training on equipment as necessary at the discretion of laboratory management
- Prepare monthly reports of repair and maintenance activities from the prior month
- Other administrative duties - general filing and copying as needed
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Actively participate in team and company meetings
- Other duties as assigned by management
Additional InformationWhat we offer:
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Biomedical Technology or related field or the equivalent in education or experience
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical laboratory based BMET experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, performing ongoing follow up
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Keenly attentive to detail
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs
- A partial list of the equipment to be maintained includes plate readers and washers, liquid handling equipment, front end lab automation equipment, centrifuges, balances, etc.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Physical Requirements:
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites
www.eurofinsus.comEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Viracor Eurofins is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace environment and is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), disability, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. The Company's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer all employment-related matters on the basis of an individual's qualifications, abilities and efforts without regard to protected status.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.