WHO WE ARE
AVI-SPL is a digital enablement solutions provider who transforms how people and technology connect to elevateexperiences,create new value, and enableorganizations to thrive and grow. We are the largest provider of collaboration technology solutions, which include our award-winning managed services.
Our highly certified industry experts and innovation leaders share a vision to help people work smarter and live better. We believe that success starts with a sound team and that an inclusive and diverse workplace moves us all forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
A Design Engineer 1's main function is to provide presales support by acting as a technical consultant to the sales force, generating functional system descriptions, block flow diagrams and equipment lists to enable generation of customer proposals. A Design Engineer 1 is also leveraged by the post sales team for project engineering and or ongoing project consultation.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORMust Haves:
- Ability to translate customer requirements into functional system designs.
- Review pre-construction design and documentation
- Provide assistance with technical design and level of effort needed by estimating hours and highlighting logistical challenges for the sales team to consider while pricing the opportunity.
- Generate functional system descriptions and block diagram
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs
- Assist Account Manager with labor and material estimates for projects
- Assume ownership of project installation when required
- Develop engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculation, acoustical modeling or other data as required
- Provide on-going engineering support and assist with project sign-off
- Meet with vendors/prospective vendors to help evaluate product as requested
- Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Proven business writing skills
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment
- Support user acceptance testing
- Understand basic IP networking
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems
- Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, and operation of AV equipment
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
- Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL driving standards
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
WHY YOU'LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- At least five years of AV experience is preferred
- A minimum of 1-2 years of AV experience plus a four year degree or military experience may be considered
- Experience with Enterprise VC solutions (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Bluejeans, Cisco Telepresence etc.) - both hardware and software
- AVIXA General CTS (Certified Technical Specialist) is preferred
MORE ABOUT US
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- Paid holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Enjoyable and dynamic company culture
- Training and professional development opportunities
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. AVI-SPL is an AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected Employer VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account.
This job has expired.