Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Automation Technical Professional - Junior Level to be located at our office in Baton Rouge, LA to support of our clients in the local area. This is an excellent opportunity to support large projects, and work collaboratively within a strong team to provide end to end solutions across a variety of industries .
Wood Applied Intelligence is the largest vendor-independent automation and control system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 20 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation teams work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
Currently, we will only consider applications from citizens of the United States or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Support Automation Engineering efforts for the design and implementation of control systems for oil & gas and process industry projects (greenfield and brownfield)
- Support the client on Automation pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Be involved in control system engineering and configuration
- Work with P&IDs, Control Philosophies and Safety Functions
- Understand and follow up on deliverables related with control system configuration such as architectural diagrams, control narratives, logic diagrams, etc.
- Support content of client's Process Control Specifications and Strategies
- Ensure health and safe operation of automation hardware, software and interfaces
- Periodic travel, including overnight, to client sites to support project deliverables and activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or Technical Diploma with equivalent Experience. Applicants with an EIT certification are preferred, but applicants with a technical diploma and relevant industry experience will be considered.
- Up tp 2 years of hands on automation (DCS, SIS, PLCs and communication) experience in oil & gas, power generation, chemical and petrochemical industries.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and time-management skills.
- Must be US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorhip from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.