Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
We are seeking an Automation and Control Systems Engineer to be based out of our office in Detroit.
No VISA sponsorship or support is available for this role at this time.
As part of the team, you will be asked to support the development of novel automation solutions to complex industrial, municipal, and manufacturing processes. We are looking for "out of the box" thinkers that are challenged by our clients to offer innovative approaches to design new and improve existing automated processes. As an Automation Engineer, you will work alongside experienced engineers and be part of our growing team, contributing to exciting projects throughout North America, and abroad. You will need to work effectively as a member of an operating team, which means good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Design of Discrete, Continuous and Batch Control Systems
- Specification of Process Transmitters, Analytical Instrumentation, Control Valves, Motors, & VFDs
- Selection & specification of PLC, HMI, & SCADA system hardware and software
- Programming in the IEC 61131 Programming Languages (Ladder, Sequential Functions, Function Blocks, Structured Text); familiarity with Visual Basic a plus
- Loop Tuning
- HMI Design: ISA-101, Alarm Management, Historians
- Specification and installation of Computer Hardware, Virtualization, Networking, Server/Client configurations
- OT/IT Communications Infrastructure Design, Fieldbus networking design (Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, etc), Copper/Fiber design, Wireless radio and Cellular design
- System Reliability & Safety, Redundancy Design; experience with HAZOPs and Safety Instrumented Systems are a plus
- Cybersecurity Design and Implementation
- Producing & modifying project deliverables including Process Flow Diagrams, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, Instrument Lists, I/O Lists, Network Address Lists, Instrumentation/Equipment Specifications, Loop Diagrams, Control Panel Layouts & Bills of Materials, Installation Details, Area Plans, Conduit/Cable schedules, Construction Specifications
- Cost estimation and proposal development
- Project management and scope development
- Coordination and assistance with system checkout & startup
- Train end-users and maintenance personnel
- Up to 25% Travel required for out-of-town projects
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related Engineering discipline; Master's degree a plus
- 8+ years of automation & control systems experience in the oil & gas, petrochemical, water/wastewater, manufacturing, and/or renewable energy industries
- Professional Engineer (PE) license will be highly regarded
- Proficiency in Allen-Bradley/Modicon PLC/HMI program development platforms
- Understanding of Databases and Analytics
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
This job has expired.