Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Automation and Controls group are currently recruiting for a senior level Functional Safety / Safety Instrumented System (SIS) Technical Professional to be located at our office in Baton Rouge, LA. Join us and be part of an agile working team that can support office and home-based assignments.
Wood Automation and Control is the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 25 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation teams work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Automation Engineering efforts for the design and implementation of automation systems for oil & gas and process industry projects focusing on Functional Safety and Safety Lifecycle requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise for all phases of automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, configuration, implementation, testing, startup and commissioning.
- Provide technical guidance to the engineering design teams for equipment, instrumentation and SIS configuration modifications based on the outcome of Functional Safety analysis
- Travel expected to customer locations for project implementation (5-10%).
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering preferred, will also consider Technical Diploma with equivalent Experience.
- Functional Safety Certification required (CFSP/CFSE, ISA84 SIS Expert or TUV FSeng)
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in control systems integration with an operating company, systems vendor or engineering services provider; with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a functional safety role, supporting functional safety design and implementation projects.
- Skilled in the application of IEC 61511 / ISA84 and good understanding of IEC 61508. Knowledge of API14C is highly desirable.
- Expertise in functional safety related deliverables, like Functional Safety Plan, Safety Requirements Specifications, SIL Verification calculations, Cause and Effects, Validation Test Procedures and participating in Functional Safety Assessment's and Audits.
- Good understanding of LOPA methodology and best practices.
- Expertise with SIL verification tools such as SILSolver and exSILentia.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.