This highly dynamic role is responsible for performing multiple activities in support of Moderna's Manufacturing at our Norwood facility. Primary responsibility is to develop and maintain a valid site production schedule to ensure on-time, in-full delivery of production plan of a key pipeline product. The Planner/Scheduler works in close cooperation with the Clinical Operations teams to ensure that risks are identified, and issues solved in a timely way through structured Tier meetings. The shift pattern for this role will be 4 days per week for 10 hours per day either Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Saturday.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Work directly with Operations to ensure all required production is adequately scheduled and executed to plan to meet demand.
- Create and maintain detailed site plan/production for all operations related production areas: material bundling, process intermediates, manufacturing, drug substance/product and maintenance/support operations.
- Responsible for developing production schedule to meet demand requirements including rough cut capacity planning, and finite daily scheduling.
- Participate in daily Tier meeting with cross functional team to align and facilitate discussions on manufacturing updates, quality events, shipping schedules and facility operations.
- Responsible for committing delivery dates on firm orders based on Production and Quality capacity requirements planning.
- Work with the Materials Management team to resolve any discrepancies as it relates to JIT deliveries.
- Define sequence, establish priorities for process orders at each work center and control the execution of the plan.
- Support data for metrics and KPIs for the area.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Between 1-3 years of experience in site production planning inside a Supply Chain or manufacturing operation
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or related field.
- Bachelor level degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or related field
- Ability to manage multiple topics in a fast-paced environment and deal with different stakeholders from different domains in the organization.
- Analytical skills and system driven mind but ability to think outside of the box
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, and work both independently and as part of a team to identify solutions.
- Knowledge of GMP requirements and MRP/ERP systems and experience in SAP implementation.
- Well organized - a natural ability to be organized in how you think, communicate and conduct your work
- A curious mindset that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.