Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 5.4billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Responsible for production planning to include forecasting to develop manufacturing work plans. Work with Operations technicians to ensure department is staffed and all necessary tasks are completed
- Generate User Requirements (UR) to work flow and efficiency in the Product Database
- Perform packaging functions including filling, labeling, kit packaging etc.
- Perform manufacturing functions needed to produce and troubleshoot reagents
- Direct oversight of manufacturing laboratories maintenance and EHS compliance
- Assist department management with customer inquiries, complaints and investigations related to production
- Support ERP database for manufacturing and inventory management
- Ensure all regents and kits produced meet established QC requirements. Responsible for quality data review and analysis
- Perform Quality Control testing on Raw materials, WIPS, Finish Goods
- Maintain and perform stability testing
- Ensures all equipment is maintained and calibrations are done in a timely manner to meet the quality requirements of the department
- Support the shipping team in delivery of products needed to fulfil orders
- Prepares and reviews SOPs, batch records and other department documentation
- Supports Inventory and Supply Chain functions. Work with operation personnel to ensure department is staffed and all necessary tasks are completed
- Responsible for Document and Record Management functions. Work with operations personal to ensure all records are accurately maintained and archived
- Conducts and necessary training for the production team and ensures all training records are maintained.
- Work with staff to ensure timely completion of deviations and investigations, and to develop and implement effective CAPAs
- Assist with capturing, measuring, and reporting critical KPI metrics
- Assist site management in ensuring compliance lean initiatives and processes.
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Provides cross-functional support to other areas of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Uses an array of business software applications (e.g., Word Processing, PowerPoint Spreadsheets, and company systems)
- Supports administrative functions of the department
- Education: Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
- Experience: Three (3) or more years of proven experience in a laboratory environment.
- Proficient with SOP/ Batch records.
- Familiar with cell and biochemical assays.
- Good technical background in Biochemistry.
- Project management skills.
- Familiar with GMP/GLP processes.
- Good understanding of basic laboratory equipment.
- Familiar with ERP systems (inventory and production management).
- Inventory management skills.
- Basic Knowledge of laboratory safety.
- Basic knowledge of Lean initiatives.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
- Result oriented with ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, result-driven and highly flexible team-player.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business. Good facilitation skills required.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays