Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Become your most extraordinary self! Our team is intensely proud to be a major provider of services and products to the drug discovery research industry. Join Eurofins Panlabs, part of the Eurofins Discovery ™ group of companies serving serving global clients in the Pharma and Biotech industries. Work alongside industry experts and collaborate with team members to directly and positively impact human health worldwide!
We have a philosophy to support work life balance, career progression opportunities and offer many benefits such as formal mentoring programs, tuition reimbursement, extensive career training programs, competitive health benefits, paid time off and 10 annual paid holidays.
The Associate Scientist II will support the laboratory team in providing contract research services for pharmaceutical and therapeutic discovery and development. This role requires knowledge of scientific principles and direct experience supporting a research or industry lab.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
- Performs work in a laboratory setting, meeting the physical job requirements of a lab role
- Prepares and manages inventory of buffers, reagents, media, semi-finished and finished goods
- Maintains cell culture in a BSL2 laboratory, and adheres to cleanroom guidelines and aseptic technique, according to protocols
- Delivers data via production methods in ADME Toxicology, Ion Channel, Phenotypic Services
- Performs data calculations and analysis, provides QC review of data and project reports
- Supports mid-size laboratory research and development projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates proficiency with, care and maintenance of lab equipment and department assets
- Conducts responsible use of confidential IT and business systems, as required
- Adheres to department SOPs and documentation requirements, maintains accurate data management and reporting
- Works effectively in a team environment, under minimum direction, to achieve project timelines, delivery to customers and quality objectives
- Supports unit goals and demonstrates Eurofins' competencies, as defined in the job plan
- Provides training to colleagues and external end users, when required
- Contributes to scientific community, and site research and development objectives
- Adjusts work hours and provides cross-functional support to other departments, as required, and maintains accountability in delivering to client needs/timelines
- Routinely communicates project updates to internal and external clients
- Understands and complies with quality management requirements and GxP compliance
- Completes required training and supports 100% of Employee Health and Safety requirements
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Demonstrated experience supporting cell-based and analytical methods in a dynamic service lab
- Experience in good documentation practices and lab record-keeping
- B.A. or B.S. with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- M.A. or M.S. with at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Or an equivalent of education and experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
- Experience with in vitro enzymatic assays, HPLC, GC coupled with Mass Spectrometry, ELISA, High Content Imaging, Electrophysiology or Flow Cytometry assays
- Experience in a contract research organization
- Experience supporting services in a GLP or cGMP laboratory
- Experience with method development and optimization
- Experience with automation, robotics or HTS applications
- Experience in leading and delivering results in R&D lab setting
- Experience in recombinant cell-line development
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, capacity for team environment, and exhibits a genuine interest in drug discovery in support of advancing human health
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents, SOPs, and technical reports
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, statistical analyses, and data interpretation
- Ability to multitask with organization and manage time effectively
- Ability to solve practical problems and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a laboratory setting, according to the physical requirements of a laboratory roleLab equipment expertise and office computer/software proficiency
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review and QC release data and scientific reports
- Ability to independently complete projects with minimal supervision and communicate delays
- Ability to contribute to strategic vision, and innovation projects
- Ability to cross-train on new methods and support cross-functional demands.
- Ability to mentor and train new team members
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of St. Charles, MO are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays