Would you like to deliver innovative publications to our scientific community?
Do you enjoy building relationships that lead to successful partnerships?
About our Team
Our Science, Technology, and Medical, Journals division manages an extensive collection of high impact journals. We take ownership for the reputation of our journals to authors and the quality of the content we publish. We are proud to play an integral part in the scientific community to participate in the advancement of the field.
About the Role
As an Associate Publisher, you will own a portfolio of journals within our Science, Technology and Medical organization. A background in Physics is required. Balancing academic research and publishing knowledge, you'll build relationships with various stakeholders. You will work cross-functionally to ensure sufficient copy flow of relevant, high-quality manuscripts.
- Developing a strategy for your journal portfolio to improve content growth, market-share, impact-factor, editorial speeds and author and editor satisfaction
- Working with authors, editorial boards and the academic community to ensure sufficient copy flow of relevant, high quality manuscripts
- Negotiating and managing contracts and budgets for authors, journal editors to ensure best possible net revenue outcome
- Being proactive by maintaining existing portfolios, matching developments in the external marketplace, including the development of Open Access initiatives
- Managing the quality control and the day-to-day editorial, production and publishing operations to identify opportunities for improvement
- Establishing networks with key external and internal stakeholders, in order to manage and develop the portfolio successfully
- Developing and acquiring, new products and services, including society journals and conferences to identify potential business opportunities
- Background in Physical Science
- Be creative, entrepreneurial and enjoy innovation
- Have excellent organizational skills and be able to adapt and flex to deliver multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Be able to travel to internationally for meetings and conferences
- Be able to communicate and negotiate constructively with members of the medical profession, the media and colleagues
- Have the ability to build, nurture and manage editorial boards
- Be able to establish, manage and maintain excellent contacts and networks with key external and internal stakeholders
- Masters Degree - required
- Publishing experience - preferred
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
- Working remotely from home and at our office in a hybrid working style
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.