Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Under management of the Director of Engineering, this position will provide mission critical technical support for the Eurofins DMS' New York facility. This includes serving as the liaison to the Burbank engineering team in order to support post production systems and processes.
QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Provide configuration support to QC operators on key systems such as Transkoder, Iris, Premiere
- Ensure continuous operation of the production facility by providing front-line support for all technical issues
- Support the Burbank engineering team in remote debugging of technical issues
- Work with internal and external partners to resolve workflow and procedural issues
- Work on ad hoc projects and other tasks within the realm of production engineering and QC
- Ability to work with TIFF sequences, drop in patches and create ProRes XQ files
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience with the Colorfront Transkoder
- Experience with Aspera accelerated file transfer in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Adobe CC Bundle (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with enterprise transcode & delivery systems (Telestream, Elemental, Media Encoder)
- Experience with enterprise render hardware and software
- Experience with managing shared storage (Isilon, Harmonic, Quantum, Synology)
- Understanding of a variety of audio/video codecs & wrappers
- Understanding of file and directory permissions in a shared storage environment
- Ability to document workflows and standard operating procedures for the engineering and production staff
- 1 yearof experience supporting Post Production systems
- Understanding of Apple OS X, Microsoft Windows, and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Familiarity with basic concepts of networking and IP addressing
- Strong communication skills that allow for clear communication among customers, co-workers, and outside vendors
- Strong technical background and problem-solving skills
- High self-motivation that will allow for continual growth of core competencies
- Desire to research and learn new technologies
- Ability to maintain a calm, level headed demeanor in high-pressure situations
- Willing and able to work a flexible work schedule in support of a 24x7 operation, including weekends and overtime on short notice
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, 8 hrs/day, 40 hrs/week. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of New York, New York are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays