Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
How do you grow audiences for public media content amidst the streaming wars and linear TV declines?
At The WNET Group, we are looking for a creative, strategic thinker who will lead a team of Audience Engagement Specialists using a range of marketing, publicity, and social media tactics to increase viewership of our award-winning national, local and digital series across platforms.
The Associate Director, Audience Engagement plays a crucial and strategic role in building national and local audiences and buzz for public media icon The WNET Group, its PBS signature series, including American Masters, Nature, Great Performances and Secrets of the Dead, and documentary and news programs. Using earned, owned and paid media; influencer and partner engagement; and dynamic digital content marketing (e.g. web, social, newsletters), the Associate Director of Audience Engagement partners with executive producers, the social media and analytics teams and others throughout The WNET Group to ensure success for its various media brands. The Associate Director also leads efforts at the bi-annual Television Critics Association Press Tour.
If you're a creative, meticulous marketing professional with knowledge of PR and with a minimum of 8 years of experience, including team management, this is your chance to take your career to new levels and engage new and existing audiences in meaningful, inspiring content on behalf of a leading public media producer and community-supported nonprofit organization. Key responsibilities include:
• Lead a team of audience engagement specialists, ensuring coordination of marketing, earned media, social media and communications efforts to support The WNET Group brand and the brands of its signature national series;
• Oversee and manage creative campaigns, organic and paid social media, digital marketing, and earned media to increase the audience size, quality, and engagement for national series produced by The WNET Group;
• Lead measurement and performance reports of audience engagement initiatives to optimize such initiatives to achieve business goals, and use reporting and analytics to inform programs and measure results;
• Create budgets and proposals for new projects and manage existing project budgets;
• Conduct hiring for contract-based work (e.g. agencies, vendors, influencers) as needed;
• Sets the standard for innovation, flexibility and teamwork in the pursuit of improved engagement with our brands;
• Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in publicity, digital marketing, communications or audience engagement including managing teams; candidates with communications/media experience with demonstrated knowledge of the television and/or online media business are preferred;
• Successful history of achieving measurable improvements in audience engagement, including ratings, video views, social media engagement (comments, likes and shares), as well as earned media;
• Ability to clearly articulate campaign goals, KPIs and lessons learned;
• Proven analytical ability, designing meaningful tests, interpreting data and acting on results;
• Expertise in planning and executing multiplatform publicity, marketing and audience engagement campaigns;
• Ability to clearly communicate plans and goals to non-technical teams and C-suite executives.
• Strong analytical, planning and communication skills;
• Experienced in cultivating and developing strong relationships with thought leaders and influencers and the ability to leverage those relationships in support of brands and the organization.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and planner comfortable working with senior leaders to identify strategic priorities and drive a coordinated effort to achieve targeted results.
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.