Are you an Assistant Utilty Supervisor looking for a career instead of just another job? Do you want the chance to work for a company where advancement is generated internally? Would you like to work at a dynamic, energetic, growing company, with a strong family oriented culture in the Utility industry? If the answer is yes, Feeney Brothers Utility Services may be the place for you! Since our founding in 1988 safety, community, integrity, and innovation have been the cornerstones of our operations at Feeney Brothers. Feeney Brothers provides area utilities throughout New England with comprehensive solutions for completing complex projects in urban, suburban, and rural settings. We equip our qualified workforce with state-of-the-art training and innovative tools to provide excellent service to our customers in the safest manner possible. Feeney Brothers Utility Services is currently looking for Assistant Utility Supervisors to join our team as part of a utility crew. The biggest challenges of this Assistant Utility Supervisor role are the leadership responsibilites, physical demands and dealing with the New England elements. If you believe this Assistant Utility Supervisor career opportunity is really for you please apply. This position would be a great building block for you and your family at a well-established and successful organization.
- Assist Supervisors in Day-to-Day role
- Ensure supervised teams comply with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure a safe working environment and minimize risk for all staff.
- Supervises both internal and contracted personnel to assure the timely and cost effective completion of work within the area of responsibility.
- Supervise workforce through coaching, counseling and team building to ensure tasks are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Oversee the operational workload of team to ensure allocated resources are fully utilized in order to deliver agreed upon work plan and execute work activities within budget cost.
- Review, ensure accuracy and execute the approval of area purchase orders, invoices and payroll activities.
- Execute all work tasks in compliance with all Company, Federal and State policy and regulatory requirements.
- Build good working relationships with internal & external customers and manage the day-to-day relationships with them in order to understand their requirements and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Monitor performance of allocated staff including issues relating to sickness, discipline and poor standards of work in order to ensure that work is performed efficiently and effectively.
- Promote and implement best practices in order to ensure all work tasks achieve high efficiency in a safe manner.
- Dig Safe
- Pre-Marking Utility Jobs
- QA/QC Reviews
- Assist with Police Details
- Help with gas stock over site, and delivery
- Experience, and knowledge of working on a utility construction crew including equipment
- knowing how to use a shovel
- the ability to handle physcially challenging, repetitive work
- Excellent softskills especially time management, and being a team player
- Stong communication
- Basic Computer, and tablet skills
- Flexible with work hours