DCP Midstream builds connections to enable better lives. As a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society, we focus on technology and innovation, and safely and reliably operating a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity and want to hire top talent for every job opening. If you believe you have the skills and qualifications for the role, we encourage you to apply even if your background is unique or non-traditional. We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and support our employees with opportunities for continual growth, ongoing training, and internal mobility.
Benefits and Additional Compensation
All employees contribute to DCP's success, and all jobs are eligible to share that success through our short-term incentive program. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and other unique offerings including flexible work arrangements for applicable positions. Health and wellness are a priority, and our paid time off benefits include generous and inclusive parental leave, sick time, and vacation.
Provides technical support to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of pipelines, plants and field assets. Assumes responsibility for process simulation modeling, scope, design, equipment specification, cost estimates, bidding, installation and management of small projects. Performs trouble shooting and failure analysis and develops recommendations to improve equipment and performance. Works closely with multiple stakeholders including Operations, EHS and Commercial.
- Monitors plant and gathering system performance, compressor performance and sizing, and control systems performance as well as proposes changes to reduce processing upsets, improve reliability, improve efficiencies, increase production and reduce costs
- Serves as a technical authority for troubleshooting system process problems and operations issues working with all levels of personnel such as operators, mechanics, supervisors, managers, right-of-way (ROW) landmen, attorneys, environmental professionals, etc.
- Performs technical and economic evaluation, performance testing, design and construction of new facilities/ equipment or upgrading existing facilities/ equipment while supportingsafety and environmentalrisk managementobjectives
- Builds and maintains various process simulations for plant and compressor stations
- Develops and applies engineering standards and procedures and provides advice ensuring that standards of quality, cost, safety, reliability, timeliness and performance are met in processes
- Provides technical support for the Process Safety Management (PSM) of the plant and compressor stations and develops recommendations to reduce process safety risks
- Anticipates business or regulatory challenges and recommends process, product or service improvements
- Assists other departments within the organization in regulatory compliance efforts and proactively finds recommendations to operate within permit limits
- Engages in scoping, design, cost estimates, bidding, contractor selection, installation and management of midsized projects with the skill to interpret plans, drawings and specifications
- Participates in incident investigations, various kinds of meetings, training and commercial support
- Assists in maintaining project records and ensures compliance with government regulations and contracts
- Assist other Engineers on their projects as well as mentor lower-level Engineers by providing guidance, oversight, and coaching
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years related experience is required; oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Proficient process simulation skills on Promax and VMG/Symmetry or other similar software packages
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations such as DOT 192/195, OSHA 1910.119 and industry standards and practices such as ASTM, API, NACE, ASME, NFPA, DOT, etc.
- Knowledge of facility design practices including compression and separation, fluid flow, piping design, foundation design, structural design, instrument and electrical systems, distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), SCADA design, process control basics and safety systems
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) including Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence at a local level and across a broad organization
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Many engineering jobs primarily operate in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.
- Engineering jobs will require varying degrees of work to be completed inside gas plant/field asset conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
- Occasional travel will be required
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Engineering / Full-timeJob Posting:
Sep 9, 2022, 9:16:32 AM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.