Job ID: 395399
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Operates asphalt plant controls to weigh and deliver specified quantities of aggregates and asphalt cement to dryer for heating and to mixer for mixing and dumping into trucks. Must partner with other plant crew members to ensure production is running at efficient levels.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Pre-shift inspection of plant required to make sure everything is in operational order checking all safety items.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Answers telephone, radio, and takes and inputs orders.
- Maintains proper heat in dryer by adjusting thermostatic controls and maintains proper flow of materials.
- Observes gauges, dials, and operation of machinery to ensure conformance to processing specifications.
- Assists in maintenance of plant equipment and in compiling reports regarding plant production and plant maintenance.
- Inspection of plant and safety items required at the end of each shift.
- Grease equipment and clean up required at the end of each shift.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Integrity, communication, recognition, action, results oriented, positive attitude, work ethic, growth and development and commitment to be successful at Preferred Materials.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public always.
- Be able to interact with vendors, construction employees and all levels of management.
- Driver's license required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends, when necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety protocols of Preferred Materials.
- Strict adherence to policies and procedures, as outlined in the company's Policy Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers with other duties as required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Education/Experience
- High school education or GED preferred but not required.
- Related experience and/or training preferred.
- Driver's License Required
- Ability to communicate effectively to insure all plant personnel understand what is expected and what needs are lacking.
- Ability to drive to and from various plants, as need
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes.
- Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required.
- Ability to work at heights up to 90 feet wearing appropriate PPE to perform maintenance or repair to plant components (ex: silo, drag slats, traverse, bag house, elevators, batch towers, drum/mixer, conveyors) utilizing ladders, stairs, manlifts and catwalks.
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company.
- Attendance required according to Company Attendance Policy to ensure crew can operate at normal efficiency level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical ability to perform maintenance on plant under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders to top of plant/silo.
- Uses tools such as sledge hammer, wrenches, screwdrivers, cutting torch, welder, pneumatic hammer/drill, sand blaster, pipe wrench.
- Job requires the following motions: climbing, stooping stretching, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, walking, standing, reaching and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. for repetitious while using proper lifting techniques.
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Job Segment:
Plant, Plant Operator, Equipment Operator, Pipe Welding, HVAC, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.