To perform management functions for field operations to ensure efficient and effective use of equipment, materials and staffing.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Coordinates communications between Director, engineers, customers, and supervisors.
- Initiates problem solving where necessary in the operation of facilities and resolution of customer inquiries.
- Provides supervision for Supervisors; establishes priorities, checks work in progress and completed work; provides field training, as necessary.
- Administers specific personnel actions, including hiring, terminations, performance reviews, merit increases and employee warnings.
- Reviews sewer treatment plant, surface water treatment plant and water well reports for accuracy and completeness
- Performs on-site inspection of facilities to ensure that facilities are operated and maintained satisfactorily and that all permit requirements and/or regulatory agency requirements are met.
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Requires advanced vocational skills and knowledge of water and wastewater operations and management which might be acquired by obtaining Class \"A\" or \"B\" certification in Water and Wastewater Operation.
Experience: Five to ten years directly related experience in water and wastewater treatment/operations, including at least three years in a managerial role.Computer Skills
Basic skillsCertificates & Licenses
Class \"A\" or \"B\" certification in Water or Wastewater Operation or the ability to acquire such certification within one year.Other Requirements
Work is complex and varied and requires the interpretation of technical and detailed guidelines, policies and procedures; also the ability to gather and interpret data involving analysis of several factors. Requires skills in explanation, persuasion and diplomacy to resolve and arrive at decisions with others. Work requires driving a company vehicle; at on-site field locations, i.e. treatment plants, wells, etc., work may also require lifting/carrying hoses, ladders, supplies, motors, pumps, etc.; climbing in and around clarifiers, belt presses, pipes, etc.; operating heavy equipment. Equipment used includes company vehicles for transportation to and around field locations; personal computer and/or computer terminal tools to inspect, repair, and maintain equipment. May also use pumps, motors, belt presses, laboratory test equipment, and effluent sampler.