Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for an Electrician apprentice to join our team in Baytown, Texas.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Candidate must have experience working in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions.
- Electrician must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times.
- Must have knowledge of conduit bending, wire pulling, terminating electrical panels, reading blueprints.
- The employee must be able to use standard and/or metric rule to measure.
Skills / Qualifications
- Formal documented craft training in the Electrical field.
- Have basic hand tools.
- High School Diploma or GED required for school with emphasis on good mathematical skills.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Cut and formed wires to fit into panel.
- Install new electrical systems.
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Layout and assemble electrical system according to blueprints.
- Manage wiring and conduit systems in a safe and orderly manner.
- Punctual, motivated, detail oriented and uphold the passion to be the best in the field.
- Troubleshoot issues with electrical systems as and when required.
- Valid, clean driver's license.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.