The LyondellBasell Advanced Polymers Solutions (APS) organization provides Plastic Compound Solutions for Customer Applications in the US/CAN Region.
The Application Development and Technical Service (ADTS) Engineer is responsible for providing focused technical support regarding the processing and performance of supplied products to our customers. They are also to assist in developing new applications with new and existing compounds and alloy products. They will also gather market trend information to support the efforts of LYB on technical innovation and value creation.
The ADTS Engineer is also responsible to accurately and effectively manage communications- weekly activity reports and deliverables between the Customer, Sales Account Manager, New Business Development and Product Application Development (PAD) for all assigned projects.
The ADTS Rotational Molding / Specialty Powders for US/CAN Region role works directly with customers to support LYB business via the Rotational Molding conversion processes and knowledge of primary & secondary downstream operations, part design, process optimization, tooling issues, troubleshooting & root cause and corrective actions - (RCCA), cost savings recommendations and new application program launches. The role works in conjunction with the LYB Sales Account Manager to achieve LYB business plans (current business) and new business awards (future growth) at assigned customers.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills to document via call reports, customer visits and Rotational Molding trial summaries and to internally convey customer requests and resin needs. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently with limited direct supervision and be self-motivated.
This position reports to ADTS Engineered Plastics (EP) Manager. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching along with LYB pension plan, generous benefits package and employee discounts. This position can require greater than 50% of the time with periods of lighter or heavier travel based on business needs [Domestic & International] travel and will be in a home [virtual] office situated in the USCAN region serving LYB Rotational Molding / Specialty Powders for US/CAN Region customer base.
The primary focus with internal and customer interaction will be but not limited senior level competence's surrounding all aspects of primary & secondary [downstream] Rotational Molding ancillary processing, tooling and part design along with material selection capabilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Comply with all LYB requirements and policies related to business ethics, code of conduct and safety.
- Provide technical service to customers as required to support product/application launch and ongoing business in the following areas:
- Direct troubleshooting applications with process and or tooling concerns at customer plant locations.
- Work with customers regarding cost savings or process optimization opportunities.
- Support newly awarded programs with part design, tooling suggestions, Rotational Molding trial support and product recommendations.
- Assist in the growth of LYB APS business by identifying and influencing share-shift opportunities and promoting future program awards.
- Work directly with customers to clarify technical and commercial requirements for new applications and suggest suitable products that provide value to the application.
- Work with Sales Account and Business Development Managers to develop a business strategy for all assigned accounts.
- Assist in the validation of compound product transfers or product rationalization.
- Identify, research, and validate new application development opportunities in alignment with the APS business unit growth strategy that provide technical innovation and value creation to our customers.
- Participate with the global teams to ensure the implementation of global strategies.
- Participate in industry trade conferences as required to keep current on market knowledge and market trends.
- Participate and present in Customer workshops, lunch and learns as required.
- Support Plant Quality, Sales and PAD in quality claims internally or externally.
- Adhere to the LyondellBasell requirements of intellectual property and product stewardship.
- All other duties that could be assigned in order to achieve the growth and EBITDA goals and professional development.
- Proven experience in process and troubleshooting methods in plastic Rotational Molding.
- Self-motivation - ability to work independently, prioritize customer scheduling and deliver results with limited supervision.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes greater than 50% of time, passport required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, open to listening and sharing experiences.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to analyze problems quickly [RCCA] and summarize effectively.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Proficient computer and software skills including Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel), Salesforce.com, etc.
- 10+ years' experience in technical environment such as R&D, Manufacturing, Application Development, Plastic Processing including troubleshooting, part/tool design
- English proficiency in addition to any regional language requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine correspondence effectively and to speak fluently with internal and external customers.
- Driver's license.
- Other conversion processes such as injection molding, blow molding, profile extrusion, thermoforming, or film conversion methods
- Bachelor's degree in Plastics/Polymer Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Work directly with Customers, Sales Account Managers and New Business Development to clarify technical and commercial requirements for new applications and make suitable product recommendation.
- Previous managerial / supervisory experience
- Accredited Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Ability to build broad and diverse relationships with assigned customers.
- A basic understanding of plastics compounds properties, performance and characteristics.
- Perform competitive benchmark (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis [SWOT] analysis.
- Technical experience in plastics processing, tool design and materials
#LI-MK2 | #LI-HybridCompetencies
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
This job has expired.