About WEG Electric Corp.
The WEG Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) division is part of WEG Electric Corp, which is headquartered in Duluth, GA and includes nine facilities around the country. WEG products and Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) services include electric generators, wind turbines, solar, hydropower, battery energy storage, controls, transformers, and drives. WEG Electric Corp is a subsidiary of WEG S.A., which has over 30,000 employees globally and over $4 billion in annual revenue. WEG S.A. was founded in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil in 1961, and is a global solutions provider of industrial electrical technologies.
About the role:
WEG Electric Corp. has a great opportunity for an Application Engineer to join our team in Duluth, GA. This role is responsible and accountable for the quotation and sales support of Battery Energy Storage Systems Automation Products, including Battery Solutions, transformers, inverters, and related controls as well as any other integrated equipment, from inception of the Request for Quotation (RFQ) to negotiation close out.
- Communicates with Field Sales, Customer(s), engineering group and factories effectively.
- Reviews request for quotations (specifications, emails, phone calls, etc.).
- Leads and takes ownership of the quotation/opportunity by requesting feedback from Sales or directly from customers, when appropriate.
- Identifies project/customer details vital for determining quotation strategies and competitive strengths/weaknesses.
- Compiles and composes an accurate proposal to customers of WEG�s product offering.
- Follows minimum pricing guidelines as established by management.
- Identifies opportunities to management when alternate pricing is needed.
- Accurately receives and reviews Customer Purchase Order for accuracy (as needed).
- Generates order entry materials and clarifies any special requirements.
- Organizes all quotation/order documentation electronically and hard copies (as needed).
- Participates in conference calls and/or customer visits with limited outside sales assistance.
- Gets feedback direct from customers with limited help from the outside sales team.
- Provides technical and commercial training and mentoring to more junior team members and field sales as appropriate.
- Develop RFP analytical tools for automated summation of required features.
- Develop / assist in developing proposal templates for standard offerings.
- Develop / assist in developing sizing tools to allow automated BoM generation.
- Create automated tools to request quotes from vendors to improve velocity of this activity.
- Create / manage database of issued proposals, vendor quotations, and competitive information.
- Assist in the creation of required marketing collateral.
- Support industry events such as trade shows, webinars, and other virtual events.
- Be part of a team gathering information on the competitive landscape of BESS in North America.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge / training:
HS diploma/GED. Bachelor�s degree in engineering or a related field from a 4-year college or university is preferred, or equivalent related work experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, positive, adaptive, and success-seeking mentality.
- Engineered sales background.
- Timely and well-organized communicator.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Experience with SalesForce is expected.
- Knowledge of Green Energy market space.
- Knowledge of industry standards specifications such as UL/cUL, IEEE, NEC, NFPA.
- Able to read and interpret specifications, electrical drawings, symbols and nomenclature is required.
- Comfort with software applications such as Work, Excel, PowerPoint and the creation of scripting and macros.
- 2+ years of relevant business experience.
- Experience with battery energy systems provider is favorable.
- Experience in a cross-cultural business environment is a plus.
We offer a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and full benefits package. To Apply: All candidates must submit an updated resume and complete our application in order to be considered for this position.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
This job has expired.