The Medicare Business Analyst serves as an integral member of the Medicare Market Intelligence and Competitive Analytics team responsible for leading the development and use of multi-dimensional research and analytics to inform Emergent Holdings Medicare portfolio's relative position within markets and for driving new growth analytics and initiatives that bolster performance for Medicare Advantage Group and Individual products, Medicare Supplement and stand-alone Part D offerings. As part of this team, you will develop data-based insights for the business to inform strategic decision making and fulfill regulatory requirements. Key activities include performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, gathering and synthesizing external perspectives (e.g., competitive intelligence, market trend analysis, etc.), and helping transition analysis to execution by business owners. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with team members, subject matter experts, and corporate, functional, and business segment leaders. This position requires an individual with advanced analytical, collaboration and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to present information in a well laid out, organized and professional manner. This role will influence key initiatives by delivering valuable business insights and analysis, setting reporting requirements, creating reporting and tracking tools, and improving workflows through process improvement practices.
- Developing primary analysis within high-impact projects, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis to inform data-driven decision-making utilizing tools like MS Excel, Access, Power BI and/or Tableau
- Conducting industry, market, competitor and financial analysis and identifying potential trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Supporting strategy development through market research, analytical frameworks, scenario analysis, business case development, etc.
- Building market and competitive intelligence reports, dashboards, and tracking structures
- Developing statistical and financial models in Excel and other tools to project the impact of market events, competitor actions, strategic initiatives, and new business opportunities on metrics such as membership, total cost of care, and margin
- Contributing to the development /coordination of presentations, communications, and business cases to multiple levels of the organization, including executive audience; ensures clear and simple articulation of complex data
- Understanding the economic and financial drivers of our business
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of key concepts, trends, and practices in the insurance industry, business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies
- Maintaining confidentiality of information processed, as appropriate
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Two (2) to four (4) years experience in related field. Analyst experience required with proven experience in operational analysis, data analysis, and problem resolution type activities. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Analytical, organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Understanding and knowledge of the business, products, programs, corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and control projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and contribute to process improvement projects.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as data flows, process flows, technical diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Administer and adhere to corporate and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
Flexibility with work location, options include:
- Emergent Holdings' office in Southfield, Michigan
- Remote, with majority of work conducted on Eastern Standard time
- Occasional travel may be required
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.