The Administrative Assistant serves as the first point of contact to internal and external customers while
performing various support functions necessary for the company to operate smoothly. This position is
responsible for coordinating day-to-day activities for numerous office activities and uses effective communication
methods to support company goals and objectives while promoting cooperation and commitment within
- Provides a positive first impression to employees, customers, vendors, and visitors.
- Keeps general use spaces organized, clean, pleasantly arranged, and welcoming.
- Prepares conference rooms daily; anticipates and assists with scheduling meetings.
- Oversees, coordinates, and maintains daily office communications and scheduling related to the following areas:
- Answers and screens the company phone line in a professional and timely manner; takes accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy, transfers calls as necessary, and reviews and distributes company voicemail on a consistent basis.
- Distributes daily internal/external mail and overnight packages; sends and distributes faxes as needed.
- Operates and maintains copier and mail machine space; keeps envelopes, labels, and paper stocked daily, ordering supplies as necessary.
- Composes, types, and distributes professional correspondence and memoranda, emails, and faxes using personal initiative and as requested.
- Assists in the ongoing development of company intranet site, continually looking for ways to improve user experience.
- Coordinates office activities
- Manages the company kitchens and breakrooms; orders and maintains supplies; coordinates equipment maintenance.
- Organizes and maintains office supply inventory, frequently price compares vendors and manages various vendor relationships; facilities the approval and ordering of capital expenditures.
- Arranges annual building maintenance and communicates to the entire company appropriately.
- Responsible for arranging the disassembly and reassembly of all shared office spaces and conference rooms before and after as required.
- Coordinates building maintenance and related communications for the corporate office and company owned townhouse between various contractors/suppliers and staff. Monitors office building cleaning services and schedules, communicating proactively with vendor's facilities service manager.
- Facilitates and helps arrange maintenance for company owned vehicles.
- Orders catering upon request for employee meetings and events; responsible for set-up and clean-up as required.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of employee engagement events and initiatives, coordinating with Human Resources as requested.
- Works both independently and collaboratively to complete a variety of administrative tasks for the company.
- Responsible for filing, including contracts; both in electronic and hard copy.
- Coordinates and prepares General UPS shipments and Quicksilver deliveries.
- Prepares presentations, spreadsheets, and reports as requested.
- Proactively establishes and maintains highly organized filing system; tracks invoices and receipts; submits for approval and payment; files correspondence and other records.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for remote employees and company visitors
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)