This position is responsible for supporting the pricing and rating team as part of the Actuarial and Data Science Department. Primary focus areas include updating/testing rates in the policy administration system, preparing actuarial filing forms for workers' compensation and other lines, and supporting repeatable processes related to rate indications and pricing tools.
The Senior Actuarial Support Analyst is the second level of progression for this job family. Additional responsibilities include development/enhancement of processes, deeper analysis conducted in core pricing work and competitor filing review, training of support analysts, and leading communication with external departments.
This is an opportunity for a candidate who may aspire to be an Actuary but has yet to pass an Actuarial exam. This can also be a great opportunity for the candidate that enjoys Actuarial work but has realized that the Actuarial exams are not a good fit for them. Please note that for the candidate that does pass an exam, there is the potential to be promoted to the Actuarial Analyst role.
- Develops and improves work flows and business processes within area(s) to improve customer service, decrease operational costs, and improve overall quality.
- Identifies and/or analyzes business problems and devise procedures for solutions to the problems.
- Effectively leads projects in order to produce desired results.
- Responsible for corporate communication of project results.
- Recommends and assists with implementing standard policies and procedures.
- Assures that corporate compliance is communicated, implemented, and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in systems testing, develops procedures/controls, and provides recommendations for the ongoing improvement of the updated process.
- Assists personnel (both internal and external) by answering questions, supplying information, and training.
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with customers.
- Participates in group or committee discussions.
Senior Analyst: In addition to the responsibilities outlined for the Analyst, a Senior Analyst will:
- The candidate will assist with Workers Compensation and Multi-line rate filings/rate reviews. Specifically, the candidate will prepare data, support files and templates, and compile information required for rate filings. The candidate will validate rates and peer review both rate review and filing material.
- The candidate will be responsible for supporting the process of transitioning workers compensation rates from a proposed NCCI/Bureau circular to the production environment of our policy administration rating system.
- The candidate will assist with numerous ad-hoc requests such as maintenance of various pricing tools, develop, maintain, and refine various rate monitoring tools, pull bureau statistical information for various studies, monitor and update workers compensation assessments and surcharges for each state, maintain loss cost data tables for predictive modeling, support the assigned risk market rating...etc.
EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION Analyst
- Prepare actuarial portion of rate filings for both workers compensation and multi-line coverages.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of the rating worksheet with the ability to triage Policy Center issues and make updates due to required changes.
- Provide training and guidance to Analyst.
- Provide suggestions/changes to procedures and documentation as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. Senior Analyst
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE: Analyst
One year experience in a related field (education experience and/or internships may be considered in lieu of work experience), typically in at least two of the following areas is preferred: financial analysis, planning, economics, policy administration, statistical modeling, business decisions, analysis, or business management. Experience in insurance is preferred. Senior Analyst
Two (2) to four (4) years experience in related field. Analyst experience required with proven experience in operational analysis, data analysis, and problem resolution type activities. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Analyst experience required with proven experience in operational analysis, data analysis, and problem resolution type activities.
- Analytical, organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Understanding and knowledge of the business, products, programs, corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and control projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and contribute to process improvement projects.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as data flows, process flows, technical diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Administer and adhere to corporate and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.