Relocation assistance is available!
The Home for Little Wanderers/Wediko is seeking an Activities Coordinator at the Southeast Campus in Plymouth, MA. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Activities Coordinator is responsible for developing and coordinating recreational, social, and community activities in order to meet the social, emotional and developmental needs of youth who have experienced complex early childhood trauma and/or who are living with mental health diagnoses.
How You'll Be Making a Difference
- Work with clinical, OT and milieu teams and in conjunction with program leadership to assess the social, emotional and developmental needs of youth in order to develop programming that helps youth build skills, expand interests, increase motivation and feel better connected to the community
- Work with program leadership to develop institutional relationships with important community partners, community centers, advocacy organizations, vocational services etc.
- Develop and implement a monthly recreational and other community-based activity schedule and newsletter
- Plan and facilitate meaningful activities and train and support staff to plan and facilitate purpose-driven, skill-building activities
- Provide constructive feedback regarding activity implementation and facilitation individually, in the moment and during team meetings
- Ensure access to necessary materials such as art supplies, sporting goods, tickets to community activities etc.
- Plan and implement programming for the summer and other school vacation periods, including scheduling of activities and assignment of staff supervisors/facilitators
- Provide operational/task supervision for the identified activity milieu counselors participating in the activities while engaged in the activities
- Actively communicate with all treatment team members through participation in treatment team meetings, staff meetings, shift reports and through individual communication as indicated
- Develop and maintain activities program budget for the program
- Serve as liaison with Development Department for the purpose of obtaining events tickets, holiday activities, gift certificates, coordinating holiday gift drive, etc.
- Serve as coordinator and staff contact person fortherapeutic initiatives that involve organizations or individuals beyond The Home
- Co-lead recreational groups
- May be required to have a valid Driver's License, clear driving record, and personal vehicle available for use during work hours
What The Home Can Offer You
- B.A./B.S. in related human service field preferred.
- Experience working with youth or adolescents and groups in residential or community settings.
- Supervisory experience needed.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer, with the ability to learn new software applications.
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of the youth we serve, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Generous time off including up to 20 days per year for new full-time employees, plus 11 holidays, 5 sick days, and 2 personal days
- Health and Dental Insurance that is effective immediately upon hire
- Extensive training to new staff
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,400 per fiscal year
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Employer paid Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance, plus Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- And more!
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.
This job has expired.