This job serves as a key resource and is the most senior of this job family. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining accurate, compliant financial records through journal entries, account reconciliations and financial reports for the Enterprise. Contacts include various customers and vendors of the Enterprise, both internal and external, including policyholders, claimants, banking institutions and agents.
• Reviews general ledger entries and electronic banking transactions for accuracy. Works with staff and proposes correcting entries as needed.
• Prepares standard monthly and quarterly journal entries from transaction processing system reports, including but not limited to Written and Unearned premium, paid losses, reserves, commissions, taxes, and various banking transactions for the Enterprise.
• Monitors all loss sensitive business for the Enterprise. This includes, but is not limited to; recording monthly premium and loss transactions, invoicing and collection of premium and losses, calculation of retrospective premium adjustments, tracking and ensuring appropriate collateral and aggregates.
• Reconciles various complex general ledger accounts, proposing and making independent general ledger entries when necessary.
• Requests disbursement issuance for premium, collateral, and claims refunds, fraudulent check claims, regulatory filings and commission calculations.
• Compiles and maintains various financial schedules and reports for the Enterprise including regulatory, external and tax compliance.
• Assist in the preparation of routine tax schedules and returns for all entities.
• Completes ad hoc requests from various internal and external customers, through system analysis and review; including, but not limited to, error resolution, system support and financial statement support.
• Supports both external and internal audits of financial, and regulatory financial reports and filings by providing detail schedules and support as requested.
• Proposes efficiency opportunities or makes recommendations for improvements.
• Prepares, maintains and verifies data accuracy in ancillary systems.
• Responds to internal and external customer requests via telephone or written correspondence. Correspondence is drafted as required to address complaints or information requests.
• Maintains confidentiality of information processed.
This description identifies the responsibilities typically associated with the performance of the job. The percentage of time in any responsibility may vary between positions. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
A. EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Minimum of an Associates degree in Accounting with a minimum of 30 credit hours of coursework in Accounting. Combinations of relevant education and work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree and credit hours.
B. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of five (5) years experience in accounts receivable, general ledgers and financial reporting systems; or equivalent work which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and two years experience in accounts receivable, general ledgers and financial reporting systems.
C. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines.
• Thorough knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping methods including journal entries, general ledger accounts, cost center structures, budgets and basic financial statements.
• Knowledge of insurance operations.
• Ability to proofread documents for accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
• Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely, and present ideas, report facts and other information and respond to questions as appropriate.
• Ability to analyze details of accounting data and reports and, based on this analysis, make efficient and effective independent decisions within authority.
• Ability to apply independent analytical thinking to define problems, establish facts and communicate valid conclusions.
• Excellent math skills with the ability to use a ten-key adding machine.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software.
• Knowledge of computers and word processing applications.
• Basic knowledge of database software.
• Ability to enter alpha/numeric data accurately.
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to use diplomacy, discretion and appropriate judgment when addressing callers.
D. ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES PREFERRED:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance or business.
• Experience with multiple entity accounting.
• Insurance related coursework
• Two years prior experience as an Accounting Operations Analyst II
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
Math, Proofreading, Intermediate Word, Intermediate Windows, Advanced Excel, Basic Access, Alpha Numeric, 10-key and Reading Comprehension
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!
Posted about 2 hours ago
Princeton, New Jersey
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago