Relocation assistance and Visa sponsorship available!
When you join The Home for Little Wanderers, you join a team of professionals dedicated to creating better, brighter futures for kids.
For over 200 years, The Home for Little Wanderers has helped build stable lives and hopeful tomorrows for vulnerable children and their families. Our 25+ community-based and residential programs serve thousands of at-riskyouthsfrom birth to age 26. Many of these children have experienced abuse, neglect,trauma,or a disrupted family life. As the oldest child welfare agency in America, we provide them with safe surroundings, permanent lovingrelationships,and a secure path toward a better, brighter future.
Under the general direction of the Financial Controller, plan, direct, and supervise the Accounts Payable, Procurement Accounting, Cash and other accounting activities of the agency.
Education and Experience
- Plan, direct and oversee the activities and staff assigned. Provide regular one-on-one supervision to members. Ensure regular feedback and guidance is provided for employee development and enhanced productivity. Administer the performance evaluations and performance management process. Participate in the selection and termination of staff. Promote a positive work environment.
- Assist in the design and maintain systems of internal control to ensure the reliability and integrity of financial information and the accomplishment of Agency goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain financial reports in the management reporting system.
- Oversee agency Accounts Payable staff and functional responsibilities.
- Oversee staff working with the billing team to accurately record payments and reconcile accounts receivable on monthly basis.
- Oversee banking operations including maintain banking platform, interfaces and troubleshooting issues.
- Oversee Procurement Card program
- In conjunction with the Procurement Manager oversee and maintain accounting software purchase order module
- Distribute financial information to outside parties on a recurring basis.
- Responsible for managing and analyzing, reconciling, and recording of monthly activity.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of a finance policies and procedures manual.
- Prepare reconciliations for monthly general ledger closing.
- Prepare Endowment activity schedule and is responsible for posting all related entries.
- Responsible for various expense allocation schedules and entries.
- Attend workshops, training, seminars, etc in order to remain current with accounting standards.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and 7 to 10 years of accounting experience, CPA strongly preferred.
- Possesses a strong accounting background with a working knowledge of the latest accounting pronouncements.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office and internet skills with the ability to learn new software applications.
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.What The Home Can Offer You
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of the youth of the communities we serve, The Home offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
This job has expired.
- Extensive training to new staff
- Generous time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance available upon hire
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Long-term Disability and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- And more!