Relocation assistance and Visa sponsorship available!
When you join The Home for Little Wanderers, you join a team of professionals dedicated to creating better, brighter futures for kids.
For over 200 years, The Home for Little Wanderers has helped build stable lives and hopeful tomorrows for vulnerable children and their families. Our 25+ community-based and residential programs serve thousands of at-riskyouthsfrom birth to age 26. Many of these children have experienced abuse, neglect,trauma,or a disrupted family life. As the oldest child welfare agency in America, we provide them with safe surroundings, permanent lovingrelationships,and a secure path toward a better, brighter future.
Under the direction of the Financial Controller, plan, direct, and supervise the general accounting, financial reporting and internal control function activities of the agency as assigned (including but not limited to oversight and maintenance and of the general ledger, bank reconciliation and other miscellaneous account reconciliations, monthly and year-end closings, internal financial statements; year-end audited financial statements, administration of year end audits of financial statements and Employee Benefit Plans, Tax filings (includes Forms 990 & 990T), bond compliance reporting, preparation of financial reports for funding agencies and provide financial information as needed for grant writing team).
Education and Experience
- Plan, direct and oversee the activities within the Finance department's General Accounting area.
- Ensure regular feedback and guidance is provided for employee development and enhanced productivity. Provide regular one-on-one supervision with staff accountant. Administer the performance evaluations and performance management process. Participate in the selection and termination of staff.
- Coordinate, manage, review and/or prepare all necessary tasks and tools (recurring, standard and adjusting entries, allocations, reconciliations, checklists, etc.) to ensure the timely and accurate recording of monthly activity.
- Assist in the design and maintain systems of internal control to ensure the reliability and integrity of financial information and the accomplishment of Agency goals and objectives.
- Maximize technology opportunities relative to delivery of financial reporting and processes.
- Update and maintain finance policies and procedures manual with Financial Controller approval.
- Attend workshops, training, seminars, etc. in order to remain current with Accounting Standards and best practices in functional areas.
- Identify non-value added processes within the department and seeks solutions.
- Conduct/assist in periodic training sessions on appropriate topics.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and 7 to 10 years of accounting experience, CPA strongly preferred.
- Possesses a strong accounting background with a working knowledge of the latest accounting pronouncements. Strong working knowledge of accounting operation processes and not for profit financial reporting concepts.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office and internet skills with the ability to learn new software applications.
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.What The Home Can Offer You
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of the youth of the communities we serve, The Home offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
This job has expired.
- Extensive training to new staff
- Generous time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance available upon hire
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Long-term Disability and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- And more!