CUMULUS MEDIA | Syracuse, NY is seeking an Account Executive who is passionate, motivated, goal oriented and a highly competitive individual with a proven track record of over-achieving digital sales goals. This is a hybrid role working remotely and in the office after the first 90 days.
The role's primarily focus is to maximize digital revenue opportunities by generating sales of digital products under the Cumulus C-Suite umbrella: OTT, SEO/SEM, email marketing, geo-fencing and geo-targeting ads, social media targeting as well as the market's/stations' own local digital assets (website ads, mobile app, streaming, podcasts, video and social, etc...).
Our ideal candidate is someone who is digitally savvy, customer focused, and has a desire to create integrated marketing campaigns for their clients. In return, we offer a unique opportunity: a challenging mission, world-class tools and resources to help you succeed, inspired leadership, competitive commissions, and the chance to realize your full potential as a professional.
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Syracuse, NY currently features 4 stations in the Syracuse area and surrounding counties. Our stations include: 93.1 WNTQ-FM "93Q", 95.7 WAQX "95X", 1260 WSKO-AM "The Score", and our stream only station "The Rebel". The cluster of 4 stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
- Able to identify client business needs by gaining a deep understanding of their goals, objectives and processes as well as their external environment including key market and consumer trends to proactively develop customized advertising solutions to meet client objectives
- Deliver effective multi-platform, integrated sales presentations (broadcast, digital, events); negotiation and closing
- Beyond our broadcast products, have strong familiarity and become full versed in selling both Cumulus' station digital assets (e.g. streaming, stations website and social advertising) and digital audience extension products to deliver a complete marketing solution to advertisers
- Excel at prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold calling, canvassing, referrals or other means to build and maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Follow all station and corporate procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Cumulus in the marketplace
- Think creatively and generate original ideas
What we offer:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and CRM tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing new business relationships in an outside sales role
- Excellent presenter to clients of sales opportunities and post-sale successes
- Strong understanding of lead generation and ability to connect with viable prospects
- Comprehension of sales metrics in order to fill a sales funnel and robust pipeline of residual business
- Positive attitude with the willingness to get beyond comfort zone to grow professionally
- High energy and passion for the job
- Flexible and creative
- Digitally savvy
- 1-3 years in Media Sales background preferred
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations
- Competitive guaranteed pay plus uncapped commission potential
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask "what if" and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please visit
URL blocked - click to apply
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at:
URL blocked - click to applyCUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Syracuse, NY Job Type
Sales, Media - Journalism - Newspaper Experience
Not Specified Date Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?