The Access Services Auditor is responsible for improving the accuracy and productivity of the registration, insurance verification, scheduling, and financial counseling workforce by providing computer and procedural training, completing operations improvement projects, and monitoring and improving quality of demographic and financial information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Conducts regular and frequent account audits for employees.
- Conducts monthly audits on different aspects within Access Services (e.g., Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire (MSPQ), Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage (ABN), Important Message from Medicare (IMM), consents, etc.).
- Designs, plans, organizes and facilitates computer and procedural training programs and continuing education for all employees.
- Designs tests to assess employee knowledge and skills; maintains documentation of test results; and reports test results to management.
- Identifies problems and reports trends to the Director; recommends training and education programs, process improvement programs and/or other program developments.
- Designs and implements new processes and programs to improve image, accuracy and productivity of the staff.
- Monitors industry changes and system updates; revises training programs to incorporate changes.
- Collaborates with appropriate internal and external staff members to conceptualize new procedure or programs.
- Monitors accuracy of demographic and financial information captured at registration.
- Provides feedback to staff, identify trends and training needs, report results to management.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Two years minimum experience in health care registration, quality analysis, insurance billing and registration, finance or customer service.
- Requires knowledge of general insurance terminology to include, but not limited to, governmental and commercial payers.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient typing and keyboarding skills. Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office.
- Works Independently and self-starter.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Associate's or 2 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience