The position is responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining the production filling and filling support equipment. The Production Technician is responsible for assembling and testing manufactured goods to ensure products are working exactly as intended, and are free of defects or others issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Set-up, operate, trouble shoot and preventative maintenance of solution filling lines, vial cappers and tray loading lines.
- Perform fill weight checks, oxygen in headspace analysis and bottle torque checks on filled product containers.
- Set up and perform sterile solution filtration processes.
- Unloading racks of sterilized equipment from autoclaves and depyrogenated glassware from ovens.
- Operate autoclaves, both for sterilization of equipment and for terminally sterilizing product.
- Operate vial and ampoule washers, in conjunction with dry heat ovens to prepare the components for aseptic processing.
- Clean and prepare fill gear/equipment for use on multiple filling operations.
- Completion of batch record paperwork, as well as reviews of applicable SOPâ€™s and other pertinent documentation.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Participating in pre-FAT testing for new production equipment. This will require some traveling.
- Supporting new equipment validation efforts.
- Performing supervisory duties in supervisorsâ€™ absence or in second shift manufacturing.
- Training new employees for all job duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstration of superior mechanical aptitude in set up and maintenance of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment is a must.
- Ability to interact with peers and operators to be part of the team.
- The cleanroom manufacturing environment requires personnel with good personal hygiene.
- Adaptability to change and to perform under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
- Become certified to work in cleanrooms for the purpose of aseptic filling.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; two (2) years related pharmaceutical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced mechanical training is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- A large amount of time will be spent standing or walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
- The employee must regularly lift objects up to 10 lbs., and pushing carts in
excess of 500 to 1000 lbs. is necessary.
- Lifting baskets with product weighing 10-20 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Handling products or substances that are caustic, carcinogenic and / or flammable. Proper safety equipment is provided and must be worn. MSDS are available upon request.
- Open flames are used in the ampule sealing process. Care must be taken not to expose flammable liquids or substances in the vicinity.
- Wet, humid conditions and / or dry, cool conditions are common.
- Exposure to steam, hot containers or equipment and hot WFI is common (up to 121Â°C). Proper safety equipment is provided and must be worn.
- Exposure to dry heat ovens at temperatures up to 265Â°C. Proper safety equipment is provided and must be worn.
Mental Requirements include:
Company Overview Who we are?
- Ability to hear accurately the spoken word with moderate office noise or plant noise
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues
- Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies
- Ability to follow safety and security practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress
- Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information
- Maintain confidentiality of certain information
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.