The Environmental Monitoring Technician will perform all environmental monitoring tests required to monitor the manufacturing controlled areas at Akornâ€™s Grand Avenue facility.
- Fill out cleanroom information sheets.
- Label all cleanroom plates for production runs.
- Record the exposure time on the plates and also on the cleanroom information sheets.
- Plate all personnel on their exits from filling.
- Perform required sampling utilizing contact plates, settling plates, RCS strips, and swabs.
- Perform environmental monitoring testing on scheduled days.
- Log in all plates in proper logbooks in the Microbiology Laboratory.
- File environmental control sheets in proper folder.
- Update sample information in laboratory databases.
- Particle Measuring System review and interface.
- Validation protocol testing for new areas and facilities.Ability to assist in performance of thorough investigations related to Microbiology Department functions.
Company Overview Who we are?
- Must be computer literate, with experience in spreadsheet and database applications.
- Must be able to pass gown and glove qualification and requalification.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- One year of cleanroom related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experiences.
- Must be able to demonstrate and apply good aseptic technique and cleanroom behavior.
- Must be able to demonstrate and apply good gowning technique during certification, re-certification, and routine monitoring.
- Must be able to understand the operation and application of all monitoring devices that are automated or manual operation in the department.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to monitor and document all environmental parameters, such as viable sampling, personnel sampling, temperatures, humidity, and differential pressures under static and dynamic conditions.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.