The Porter will provide general housekeeping duties to ensure the cleanliness of the work environment including cleaning offices, restrooms and general plant areas with integrity and attention to detail.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Emptying garbage cans
- Cleaning restrooms
- General cleaning of plant facilities
- Read and fill out written logs
- May act as backup for Sanitization Associate II, and work in cleanroom areas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to meet attendance standards.
- All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hour week, most of which has to be during â€regularâ€ business hours.
- At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
High school or equivalent and experience in industrial cleaning.PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or touch. The employee occasionally is required to reach above shoulders, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Mental requirements include:
Company Overview Who we are?
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues.
- Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies.
- Ability to follow safety and security practices.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress.
- Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information.
- Maintain confidentiality of certain information.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.